Skip to main content

My Path

This afternoon as I was driving down the open fields of the long winding country road behind my house I was captivated by the icy green fields extending over miles and the glistening long river that ran through the fields.  I felt care free and at home surrounded by such beauty.  I suddenly realized how I had an endless list of possibilities ahead.  I thought of the journey I had ahead and the years of solitude I would have once I had done my job of being a mother.  But I did not want to sit in a quiet room sipping cups of tea and watching telly. I always knew that my life had a different purpose.  I wanted to be a voice for the voiceless in countries extending farther than the west.  I wanted to be centered right in the middle of a conflict and be a walking stick for the ones who had no one standing up for them.  My need to help people and my love for caring and giving kindness to others and being ever so forgiving is no longer a curse to me as I have always thought, because the voiceless are the ones who will not take advantage of my kindness, and even if they do, it does not matter. I believe that we all have a special path to lead in life. 

My wish is to spend my days in the deserts of the Sahara, in the refugee camps of Darfur interviewing women who have been put through sexual torture during wars of conflict, who have been robbed of their honor, and have lost their loved ones and are now destitute with children and little or no food.  I want to write the stories of the lives of these brave women and bring them to the attention of the world, of the UN so that these women may have different stories to tell someday. 

I want to travel to Syria and visit the Yazidis who are being treated worse than animals for their unique natural beauty and their amazing culture.  I want to hold the Yazidi women while they cry of the pain that groups like ISIS have caused them, I want to wipe away their tears and promise them that their days will get better, and that I will try my utmost to bring some light into their lives.  I want to take my children Palestine and show them what life is really like so that they may appreciate their lives. I want to meet the many mothers in Palestine who have lost their children all too soon and I want to embrace them and look into their eyes so that I may see first-hand the grief they go through every day. I want to understand their pain.  I want them to know that they are not alone, the world has not forgotten about them. I will visit these women, rape victims, tortured women and girls ravaged of their innocence forever, and childless mothers who see no light any more, and I want to write their stories, take their pictures, have the world read about them so that the human race may wake up and realize that we must bring about change or else there is no hope for future generations and for the human race.  This is what I plan on doing, this will be my career and probably my new husband.  The way I see it my career is something I will always have passion for, my career will never let me down or disappoint me, and will always understand me….that in my book is the perfect recipe for a good husband!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love of July

idden truths I try to bury it deep within the library of memories I keep filed away, in an effort to shield myself from the pain which gnaws at me time and time again, but I hopelessly fail. The need to look over my shoulder is crucial. One lost look and it will eat into the deep embers of my soul. When I am reminded an incomplete smile forms around the corners of my mouth before my face contorts and small drops of tears begin to fall down my downtrodden facade. I say downtrodden because the memories are as sweet as honey and yet bitter as a glass of lemonade on a hot summers day. Night Over head the rain drops form their own rhythm on the tin roof while outside in the courtyard the squishing of mud by the feet of rushed servants begins another. This song was the perfect lullaby, but my eyes would not give into temptation. The guests were outside scrambling for whatever shelter they could find from the splash of monsoon rains. I sat as upright as I possibly could but it was get

Sesames

Last night as I drove through the busy lit roads looking at the bright evening sky with the wind blowing in my face I thought of you.  I thought of you and wondered where you were, what you were doing, what you were thinking, and if, just if, there were any ifs in your mind......On nights like this I feel like the skies above me feel my sorrow and yet somehow I feel free..maybe its because I feel one when immersed in such beauty or maybe because it's those times that I can be true to myself and you...who knows..but I still hear the voices and questions in my head, the minute I'm alone or lying in bed or when I open my eyes to the bright specks of sunlight streaming through my curtains and the innocent singing of the mockingbird outside my bedroom window, I hear them, it's as if with your exit came a new companion for me, my own companionship, my twin who always lived in my subconscious but far from haunting me, now she haunts me every day with her continuous questions....Wh

Break Ups

When do break ups get easier? Why is it easier for men to forget but we women hold on to all the memories, the sweet banter exchanges, the romantic looks, the annoying habits, and so much more.  I still have the parking ticket from the beach we went to 4 years ago while we were on our first away vacation. It was so nice so romantic.... Why does it hurt that someone you loved so much and thought you couldn't live without suddenly turns out to be someone so different. Was it another façade? Another fake love story made up in your head "fairy taled," Yes I am going through a break up or that's what I think it is. Love really is so over rated it is so fucked up. They don't make men like they used back in the day. The Cary Grant and Gone with the Wind love stories no longer exist. I pass by an old couple watch as they walk hand in hand and always wonder will I ever find that kind of love. Clearly it's not looking too hot. At 35 almost 36 I should stop dreaming. My